At Horizon, our passion for bringing breakthrough medicines to more patients in need drives our partnering strategy. As one of the fastest growing biotechnology companies, our strong partnerships have enabled us to become a leader in rare diseases. With our strategic focus on building a balanced development pipeline and openness to transformative merger and acquisition opportunities, we’re actively looking for partnerships where we can achieve goals together.
In 2021 net sales1
Total shareholder return over five years2
In enterprise value3
1 Horizon 2022 estimate; 2 Market data from Capital IQ as of November 4, 2022 compared to November 3, 2017; 3 Enterprise value as of November 4, 2022
Partner of Choice
The unique attributes we bring to the table make us a partner of choice.
Our seasoned commercial and medical leadership has extensive pharmaceutical brand experience. We have significant resources to support successful product launch and commercialization.
- Expertise in market shaping and strategic brand positioning
- Optimized go-to-market model for complex, multi-specialty therapies
- High-touch, patient-centric model
- Exceptional sales execution, including ability to recruit, retain and motivate talent
Through a proven track record and more than 200 combined years of development experience on more than 100 medicines spanning many therapeutic areas, we are able to agilely execute and deliver results:
- Leading discovery expertise in autoimmune and fibrotic pathways
- Innovative and agile development approach, especially when pathway may be uncharted
- Ongoing life cycle management to drive patient benefit and competitive position
Our robust supply-chain management of more than 40 contract manufacturing organizations ensures global product quality, chemistry manufacturing and controls, supply and distribution through our virtual model.
- Breadth of experience from controlled release oral dosage to complex biologics
Our Areas of Interest
Horizon seeks opportunities aimed at bolstering our clinical-stage pipeline through licensing, acquiring or partnering clinical-stage assets. Our team is currently evaluating opportunities with a focus on developing new and novel therapies.
Core Therapeutic Areas
Areas of Expansion
Within these areas of focus, we are seeking opportunities that present key characteristics:
- Therapies that address a significant unmet need
- Diseases with smaller patient populations
- Medicines that provide an opportunity to add value through shaping the regulatory paradigm and commercial landscape
We are also open to exploring partnerships in other therapeutic areas of significant unmet need.
Our ability to successfully bring medicines to market has brought strong returns to our partners. Through early collaborations focused on commercial-stage opportunities, we’ve built a robust infrastructure that can be leveraged in current and future research and development endeavors. Our strong performance has created a solid financial platform that continues to provide resources for future investments in research and development.
What Makes a Successful Collaboration?
Our team has completed nine transactions worth more than $6 billion over the last eight years. We are open to working with partners in various ways, to meet the objectives of both parties. Here are just some of the reasons to partner with us:
Growing global presence
Download Our Full Partnering Overview
Contact Our Team
Our experienced team is led by Andy Pasternak, executive vice president and chief strategy officer; Joe Whalen, senior vice president, alliances and international business development; and Mike Kelliher, group vice president, M&A and business development. If you would like to submit partnering inquiries, please contact us at email@example.com.